Brawley - 60 miles




Today we made it to Brawley and are resting peacefully at the travel something or other lodge. There is a shower and it is warm. I got to chat with a bunch of folks via land line and phone card. All good conversations. They all seem too busy. I feel I am adequately busy. That's nice for a change. John is out on the street trying to get in touch with his girlfriend in Australia. This is the real reason I am awake. Today we had 18 miles of descent from 3000 feet to below sealevel. I liked going more than 4 mph. We stopped at a bike shop in El Centro. One of the workers used to live in Sitka, but he didn't want to talk about it. THey weren't incredibly helpful all around, but John really needed a tube or two. We stopped in Ocotillo and ate tacos and milkshakes. John always gets the malts. Then we rode through Plaster City. I have a picture of a sign I'll post later. All that's there is a drywall factory. When we stopped in El Centro, there was an official Blue Angels car in the parking lot. I can remember seeing them at Seafair in Seattle when I was just a tot.

Comments

How was the downhill 18 mile ride after I left the two of you?
Jean Andre Vallery
www.2453.net
Jacumba California
Anonymous said…
Hi Rebecca, I'm sorry we caused you to be awake so late - it's the times difference between there and Sydney, as I'm sure Jon has explained. Jon has been wonderful about calling regularly, so thank you for your patience and on this occasion, for staying up to let him back in! Sounds like you have your legs now - good luck with the big climb next week!
I found your Mum's blog, too- her quilts are beautiful; I'll be sure to describe them to Jon's Mum, herself a talented seamstress, especially in earlier years. Well, like Alicia I am praying for the safety of you both, so I will wish you Godspeed. Enjoy the the flat stretches over the next couple of days...kindest wishes, Julie

Popular posts from this blog

Simmesport - 32.27 miles

St. Augustine - 100.65

Big Cane - 0 miles