Kent - 39.64 miles


Jon is already trying to sleep. Yesterday at this time we were just getting to Van Horn. We left at about noon after stopping at the hardware store. Jon did something and I got pipe insulation for my handlebars. They are quite cushy now. The man who I would guess owned the shop had an impaired walk and a drop clung to the tip of his nose. I bet he has a story. We stopped at a truck stop restaurant for lunch. Grilled cheese and blackberry cobbler a la mode... The waitress had a cast on her arm and she was out of lemonade. I picked up some more postcards in Kent, but there isn't anything here. Less than 20 years ago the last folks left. There's a squatter in the shell of a school. The post office is padlocked. There are turds all over the floor of the house we're at. I preferred the lean-to. The glass is minimal and effectively blocks the wind.
12.4 ave - 36.2 max - 1056.8 odo - 3:11:02 time

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simmesport - 32.27 miles

St. Augustine - 100.65

Big Cane - 0 miles