Sunday: A day of rest - 0 miles

Again I am typing out from Jacumba. Andre was nice enough to get us to stay an extra day. Course when a sulfur hot springs is involved we don't need much encouragement. This morning we walked the 300 yards to the fence. Border control quickly became aware of our presence and instructed us to stop putting foot prints in their smoothed out section that parallels the fence. Apparently they need to see the foot prints...

















Then we went over to the sulfur hot springs and soaked in the jacuzzi for over an hour. That was quite nice. Someone should remind me not to post a descriptor like nice. It just doesn't to it justice or anything for that matter. I had a bit of a headache, so I loafed around for a while watching parts of movies on television. Currently the boys are off at the hot springs again while I hold down the fort. It's been great to get some pictures up and on the site. I'm considering taking another shower... There are a few cactai pictured. The two brownish ones I don't know anything about, but the green one is what Patron is made from. I feel like I've been lacking detail, but if you check out John's Blog with the link on the right, he fills in where I don't. It's been fun listening to John and Jean's chatter in the background, but we'll be heading out tomorrow for 18 miles of desent from 2800ft back down to sea level and below. I have 7 maps and tomorrow we'll probably at least finish the fourth if not the fifth of the 15 panels on the first. If that was too confusing, I'm sorry.


Comments

Gaelon said…
Hi, I am Kristi's boyfriend in Bellingham. I am terribly excited for you. What a great adventure! I have enjoyed reading your thoughts and will continue to read to have my own by-proxy vacation.

I'd love to see a closeup of your packed bike and hear about your packing list and how you trimmed it down.

Continue to have fun.
Anonymous said…
I'm terribly confused. Who are these people you're traveling with? Just fellas you met on the way?

It sounds quite wonderful so far. The cacti look lovely. I think I'll show Ryan this blog if you've no objections.

Miss you. I'll continue to call and leave messages on your always off cell phone (I won't blow you off, but I probably won't attempt to rhyme either).
Not Lucy said…
Hey Katherine! This is Rebecca's mom. I read her your comment over the phone and she said it is fine if Ryan reads the blog. She is out in the middle of nowhere tonight so won't be posting till she has a chance in a town somewhere.
Anonymous said…
Rebecca! You are so incredibly cool. I'm glad your trip started off well and you get to have a travel buddy for a while. Kudos on the frequently updated blog complete with pictures!! Good job! I miss hanging out with you--hope you are enjoying this experience and meeting lots of interesting people! (Sounds like you are).

Take care,
Leeann

Popular posts from this blog

Simmesport - 32.27 miles

St. Augustine - 100.65

Big Cane - 0 miles