Simmesport - 32.27 miles



Most people would not get excited about liquid oozing out of a limb. I, however, was tired of the painful tautness of the skin from the mass of liquid built up. Aside from perhaps finally getting back on the road again, this was the highlight of my day. St. Augustine once again doesn't feel very far away as I plan to finish off the fifth of the seven maps tomorrow and cross the Mississippi. Checking my email in Simmesport, I received several happy birthdays. A couple of which were from people who claimed not to know me, but were friends of my mother's. So later on the phone I asked my mother if she'd sent a provoking email out. She had. I caught her. Not that it's bad, but usually I'm lucky to have more than one or two people remember it's my birthday. The day hasn't traditionally been great. Last year's was good though.

9.5 ave - 15.1 max - 2214.2 odo - 3:26:38 time

Comments

ktdodat said…
good to see you're up and on the move again
Not Lucy said…
Your birthday present to yourself - back on the road - priceless! Love ya!
Anonymous said…
no better b-day present than revived health.

keep on truckin' from Mike K in Sitka
ktdodat said…
Alissa says "is it mersa?"--everything in her book is mersa, you can watch the mosquito bite you, and STILL it is mersa...
Chelsea said…
Oli also wondered if it was MRSA.
Anonymous said…
It sounds alot like the staph infection I had a while ago. That thing was huge, red, and pus filled.
ktdodat said…
ok, so I can't spell medical terms... (or any terms)
Anonymous said…
I called you on your B-Day - didst thou receive my message?

I'm glad you're alive. Please stay that way. (Another 80 or so years ought to do it.)
Anonymous said…
What's this mysteries bite from?!?!?!
I do hope you stay in good health.
And am glad that you are much better
Rebecca said…
I don't know what the infection is from, but it seems to slowly be getting better. My antibiotics run out tomorrow.
Katherine,
I did receive your phone message. Thank you thank you thank you.

Popular posts from this blog

St. Augustine - 100.65

Pensacola - 57.29 miles