Day Two

I made my second jaunt out on Madeline in South Kitsap. However, the weather was not quite as favorable today. Initially, I tried to get my sister's bike trainer mechanism to work with my bike. I had little success and finally opted for the weather just as the bus rolled to a stop to deposit my brother at home. Clad in my rain gear and determination, I set out. Past Black Road and past Mullinex Road, I found myself on Banner. Banner is nice. It is straight and relitively flat. It was a nice break. I hopped over Sedgewick and rolled into the Keanu's driveway.

This being the second day on clipless pedals (they clip into the bottom of my shoes, but don't have toe clips) I fall. I just didn't get my feet out in time. But I don't hurt, and so I lean my bike against the white electric garage door and trudge up to the doorbell. Eventually Maile comes to the door. Man is she taller then I remembered her. People grow. I was unsure I was invited in, but then she called for Kaleo, who looked about the same as a couple years ago...maybe even smaller. As we stand around the dark entryway, Alan, the father, comes out from the living room and tells us all to come in and sit down. Also under Alan's instruction, Kaleo gets me a cup of water. We exchange the customary what are you doing with your life?'s, couldn't get a job?'s and are you crazy?s. At some point in time I look at my finger and see blood, but no laceration. I look down at my right knee and there's a five inch gash in my rain pants. Damn. It looked much worse till I cleaned off all the blood to reveal two tiny bloody dots on my knee. WFR taught me to clean a wound before dressing it. These didn't even deserve band-aids.

My knee will heal faster than the pants.

I didn't go in their Texas bathroom.
At least I think it is still a Texas bathroom.
Many things can change in a few years.

Oh and I fell again in there somewhere.

48 degrees - Avg. 11.1 - Max. 34.3 - Dist. 12.2 - Time 1:05:33

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simmesport - 32.27 miles

St. Augustine - 100.65

Big Cane - 0 miles