Fort Davis- Davis Mountains SP - 32.59 miles























Today happened so fast and I felt tired the whole time. Morning came too early in the dilapidated shed after a fitful night of sleep. Something ran across Jon's sleeping bag. We left Kent after inquiring about its lack of inhabitants. In the process I met the one resident. I thought his house was abandoned. Then we stared towards the observatory. Against the wind with 2000+ feet to climb, we moved at about 6 mph. We came across a man from Dallas hunting for some sort of ship temporary separated from his partner. Since El Paso, he probably was the first really friendly person we chatted with. Everyone seems hesitant. A few hours after deciding we would like to hitch a ride, someone actually came along that could pick us up. Johnny has three kids and was heading to the observatory to pick up payment for some cafeteria machinery. I felt like I was on the top of the world and we got there so quickly. We cheated 20 miles. I slowly became disillusioned with the "star party " and we decided to descend to camp. In the restaurant I told Jon to stop telling me to get a spare tire. In exchange he can leave me in the dust if one of my new tires blows.
8.0 ave - 37.2 max - 1089.4 odo - 4:01:57 time - 20 mile cheat

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simmesport - 32.27 miles

St. Augustine - 100.65

Pensacola - 57.29 miles