Glendale - 25.25 miles


Surprise deserves some serious reflection. It has PIP's (Previously Important People), running trash men, themed brunches, and beading groups. No on really gets buried here. Myrna and Larry have a plot in North Dakota.

We're staying at our second warm showers of the trip. Susan and Greg are wonderful and they've left us to go about our business. As we rode through Surprise and Glendale, Jon asked me if my speedo was working. I was confused for a moment until I realized he was refering to my cycle computer. My Vetta wasn't calibrated correctly or I'm not really sure. It wasn't giving me reliable information. So I returned it to REI. As always, they took it back only asking what was wrong. I picked up a wireless cateye. It is a bit more user friendly and it works. I tried to explain to him the dangers of calling it a speedo in the states, but there was too much traffic. I've eaten the ham sandwitches I'd made earlier in the day with the supplies Myrna provided. They were quite wonderful. That was one of the many things I'd done before our 3pm departure. Jon was having technological difficulties and it appeared he was about to have a nervous breakdown. I also took a nap, ate leftovers, ate two ham sandwitches, chatted with Myrna, watched Larry get ready for his softball game and watched him return victorious. All in all it was relaxing day.

Avg. 11.4 - Max 18.6 - Time 2:12:17

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for keeping the blog up! Keep having fun!
Signed Big Beard from SJC

Popular posts from this blog

Simmesport - 32.27 miles

St. Augustine - 100.65

Big Cane - 0 miles