Jucumba - 37 miles


I'm typing out from Andre's house here in the border town of Jucumba. It's at the bottom of a hill 300 yards from Mexico in the neighborhood of Patron's roots. Once again some amazing hospitality meeting us at the end of a long day. We were giving Andre a ring from the pay phone and we rode to his house in the dark. We're his first warm showers guests since he moved here in November. We feel pretty special and he hooked us up with laundry and an air mattress. The good news is that the climbing is pretty much over. We have a little tomorrow, but it is nothing like yesterday or even today.


Along our travels today since we left the ranch we ran into a bike race. We were definatly a little out of place loaded up as hundreds of men... and a few women with tiny butts whizzing right by. However, they did give me a nice shout as I went across the finish line. I did put in a bit of a push at the end. I think I even passed one of the racers. After the race ended, the day drifted away from us as the miles flew past down the huge hill. Afterwords I heard them saying things like "Did you get him in the gap or did you break away."
This post isn't really organized, but I'd like to get to sleep sometime tonight and let John use the computer.

Comments

Kristi.Brady said…
Rebecca! I've read all your little blogs and seen all your little pictures and I'm just a little excited for you! (Okay, a LOT excited!) It seems like you're having quite the adventure. Something to tell your grandchildren about when you're old and something to inspire your children when they're young.

It excited me to see that you have a travel buddy. I'll bet he is good for motivation and converstaion. In my life shared experiences are some of the most memorable.

Was it your original plan to be staying with random strangers!?! Because that sounds super fun! Knocking on peoples doors and asking if they'll house you for the night. How thrilling!

I wish you engergy and a good memory so you can cherrish this time on the road!

-Kristi

Popular posts from this blog

Simmesport - 32.27 miles

St. Augustine - 100.65

Big Cane - 0 miles