Lake Jennings - 25 miles


First day and we're camped at Lake Jennings. By we I mean the Australian, Johnathan Walker, and I. He's on his way to New York and right now he plans to go via El Paso and Austin. So we'll see how it goes. It is a relief to be out of the city and the traffic. We found a nice quiet spot and it's rapidly getting dark. To my eyes it looks like rain, but it probably won't. It was quite pleasant cycling weather. Sometimes there was sun... Aside from the $8 on the campsite, I haven't spent any money. John has quite a pleasant nature and always has something to say. He is friendly enough for the both of us when we come upon the curious. I called ahead and spoke with Andre(from warmshowers.com)in Jucumba and he was more than willing to put us up. We're both still getting our legs and we climbed about 750ft today over about 22 miles. This is his tenth trip and I seem to be keeping up with him; that's encouraging.

I went and looked at the city lights on one side of the hill there's a lake and the city on the other. We are betwixt the two. I'm glad I brought my call to Chelsea out there. This is my first time testing my tent and it sets up in a jiffy.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Look's like fun!

~Brenna Higgins

Popular posts from this blog

Simmesport - 32.27 miles

St. Augustine - 100.65

Big Cane - 0 miles