Mesa - 49.69 miles


Phoenix puts me in a foul mood. When riding through this city, communication is more important when dodging traffic, but it is extremely difficult. We stopped for subs and Jon checked the grass for needles. I rode from Glendale to 8700 University. Grandpa's spot on the golf course was right where its been for the last 20 years. Sharon, feeling better, greeted me with lemonade. After dinner, I hugged goodbye and rode the half hour backwards in the dark to the warm showers in Mesa. They weren't expecting me to show up and Jon was busy competing with the 14 year old unit of t5he household. They both take starwars trivia to another level. Currently I'm lying on the couch, my bed for the night, listening to Jon and Layne in a regular rant. The hot topic of the moment is education. There is something comforting about the consistency of the rants. They Mormon storyteller who works for the Interdisciplinary Program at ASU is eating it up. The story about parent teacher conferences where Jon tells the parents that their child should drop out and start life and a trade...degrees in carpet laying.

11.1 avg - 4:26:24 time

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simmesport - 32.27 miles

St. Augustine - 100.65

Austin: Day 2 - 0 miles