Del Rio: a day of rest - 0 miles

I started my rest day in Del Rio with a navel orange and cream cheese bagel. Ann took me over to the high school. She felt very assured that this would be easy. Sitting in the HR office picking at the paperwork, I would disagree. Perhaps I did it to humor my host. I didn't even have all the information I needed. We came back to the apartment and I sank into the couch. I watch Gilmore Girls while Ann napped. I think it was the episode where Rori has an affair with a married man then leaves for Europe with her grandmother. Ann woke and walked to work for four hours tutoring fourth graders. I made phone calls, went to the library, and generally relaxed. I told Ann that I'd be leaving in the morning. She seemed to think I should still apply. She left for the library and came back with a copy of the FAFSA and a road trip guide to dining. She's not insistent at all... You can't fault her for being encouraging. We made elbow noodles, venison patties, and corn for dinner. It was Worcestershire good.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yo Rebecca,

I talked to my sister Mollie (who lives in Austin) and she'd be happy to hook you guys up with housing when you're there, either with her or one of her friends (depending on when you'll be there). Not sure if you already had plans for Austin, but my sister's a fun one to hang out with, and she thinks what you're doing is really cool. She said you should call her on her cell(512-825-0551)and she can set you up.

Let me (or her) know what you wanna do!

Take care,

Leeann
Rebecca said…
where does she live in austin... it's a big city to a bike.
Anonymous said…
True. I didn't think of that. Here is a link to a mapquest map:

Mollie's House

She may know someone in a different part of Austin too--she's just a good resource for that area if you need it. : )

Popular posts from this blog

Simmesport - 32.27 miles

St. Augustine - 100.65

Austin: Day 2 - 0 miles