Kinder - 51.3 miles

Today I started to imagine a cycling version of the 12 days of Christmas for this trip.
12
11
10
9 flat tires
8
7
6
5
4
3
2 broken spokes
1 cracked rim
I wouldn't want to rush to fill in the blanks. Today I got my 9th flat tire. This time it was a tiny cresent shaped piece of metal. However, the shoulder on this road has been fairly decent. I was warned that it wasn't good, but I don't think most people have any idea what a good shoulder looks like. Not that I really expected it to, but Louisiana doesn't have Blue Bell icecream. It was decent icecream that is Texas made by the pint at a reasonable price of 2 for $3. I like that.

The real news of the day is that yet another spoke broke. The assistant principal here gave me a ride in to the baptist church. They thankfully are putting me up in "The White House" where their youth ministers live. This is the second broken spoke on that rear wheel that I just had the rim replaced on. Disappointed? yes. Showered? yes. I did not make it to Basile where my package of camera is waiting for me. I'm about 20 miles short.
9.7 ave - 19.3 max - 2093.6 odo - 5:02:12 time

Comments

Anonymous said…
A cracked rim in a what? A pear tree? : )

You're awsome.
Rebecca said…
maybe
and a crack in my rear rim
Anonymous said…
5 days in Kinder!
Not Lucy said…
you had better hope this doesn't end up the 12 Days in Kinder song!

Popular posts from this blog

Simmesport - 32.27 miles

St. Augustine - 100.65

Big Cane - 0 miles