Kinder - 0 miles

Mike, Pat, Steven, and I took the trip into Lake Charles. My wheel was dealt with (a new one ordered). It arrives Tuesday. I spoke with 360 Cycleworks in Austin and they did put my old spokes on and they new better. They would probably argue that they told me this too but I didn't want to argue. I would never have had the old spokes put on if I knew that it would weaken the wheel. They'd never give me my $100 plus dollars I wasted there back. So now it's a new wheel and a 40 hole one to be exact. It's probably the wheel I should have started with. But if I'd done that, I wouldn't have gotten to spend the five days I will in Kinder hanging out with the Baptists. I'll catch up on my postcards and several phone calls I need to return. I'll be rested and ready for the last thousand miles. The Atlantic doesn't seem that far away now. Oh and the long awaited (one week) package of camera can be picked up here in Kinder tomorrow. Pictures should follow shortly.

Comments

Anonymous said…
HEY, it's Spencer, the guy you met at the bike shop. I just wanted to tell you that I'm great and that we do have blue bell ice creme in Louisiana. Oh, and if your running the exact pressure recommended for the tires your using you might get less flats if you run 5 to 10 psi under.

p.s.
listened to your music. loves it.
Unknown said…
How did you get to Lake Charles on a bad wheel (spare one) ?
Lawrence said…
Hey there Rebecca, rfruth (above), who offered you a ride north of Houston to get a spoke fixed, just put me onto your blog.

I designed the Texas portion of the trail. Adventure Cycling was going to route you through the bad BAD lands of the Permian Basin (Midland/Odessa), San Angelo and some real doldrums north of the Texas Hill Country. I got the route going south to catch the Davis Mountains, the epic stretch to Del Rio (for better or worse) and the loveliness of the heart of the Hill Country from Camp Wood and Leakey to Kerrville and San Marcos. So I hope you enjoyed the route across the sometimes lonely Lone Star State, and all the best to you as you head ONWARD TO THE EAST!

Cheers and Happy Trails!

Lawrence
Rebecca said…
The good folks at the First Baptist Church in Kinder gave me a ride into Lake Charles to get my wheel taken care of.
Anonymous said…
I think you should put me on your list of people to call, even though I've been decidedly negligent in initiating the calls lately. One tires quickly of the sound of one's own voice, one supposes, and pines for that of yours.

(Not that dramatic but you get the idea.)

Popular posts from this blog

Simmesport - 32.27 miles

St. Augustine - 100.65

Big Cane - 0 miles