Leakey - 41.24 miles














I began to memorize some Frost today. If you're traveling alone, you really need something like that to keep you sane. Otherwise I think about things that I shouldn't. Love, for example... Trust me, love is something that can make you crazy when you haven't spoken with anyone in the last 6 hours. The best you've gotten is a head nod or a steering wheel wave. But at least I can no longer call the countryside barren or endearing. Cedar bushes are prevalent and sucking up the ranchers' water. But in case you were ever going to ask, the descents are worth the climb. Those fleeting moments down curvy chutes are worth every minute spent going 2.5 mph walking my bike up the other side. And I take pictures. That breaks things up. I eat carrots too. If you want your faith in humankind restored, just take a bicycle trip. The hospitality I have been given tonight is characteristic of everyone I've met. I was eating my ice cream cone: waffle, one scoop mint chip, one scoop cookie dough. The First Baptist Church van drove by twice. Mark waved both times. So I rode to the church and inquired about their lawn. Would they let me inhabit a corner? Fist there was strawberry cake from the day care... turned my lips purple. I'm sleeping on the couch in the office after showering and eating at Vinny's. It's an excellent Italian place. For some reason people don't want me to eat peanut butter and jelly. Who wants to eat that and canned fruit all the time anyway?
9.1 ave - 32.7 max - 1443.5 odo - 4:31:45 time

Comments

Anonymous said…
By the way, I showed my father your site a few weeks ago and he commented on what an excellent photographer you are. I think so too.
Rebecca said…
thanks. a rancher the other day thought so too. but he thought i had too many empty bike pictures.
Not Lucy said…
There are too many empty bike pictures and not enough self portraits.
Anonymous said…
I agree, some picture of you would be good

Popular posts from this blog

Simmesport - 32.27 miles

St. Augustine - 100.65

Big Cane - 0 miles