Starks - 37.37 miles

Solid Grounds
"Best Coffee in the Kingdom"
"Warning contents in cups may be real hot!!!!"
"NO Profanity"
Vidor, TX
KKK Headquarters
Google it. I did.

I said goodbye to Texas today. Texas in turn left me with the taste of a
flat tire and a cockroach hotel in my mouth. But aside from these
recent memories of Texas, I enjoyed the state. However, I am glad to be
in Louisiana. I was starting to feel like I wasn't getting anywhere. Here in Starks, where gambling is legal and the swamps look like alligator
habitat, I will sleep. No worries, I'm inside the fellowship hall of
the First Baptist Church and I'm 27 miles from the KKK capital of
America. They had a rally in College Station about 200 miles from here
about a decade ago. See what all the people who are stuck on the
Adventure Cycling Association map are missing out on. My fist glass
flat wasn't realized until I rolled into town. The good news is that I
spent the evening relaxing by changing my tube and cleaning my chain.
The bad news is that it is now 71 miles still until Basile. This is
where a package is waiting for me patiently. We'll see if I make an
early enough start tomorrow to make it by 4:00pm when the post office
closes.
9.4 ave - 21 max - 3:57:26 time - 2042.3 odo

Comments

Unknown said…
bye to Tx hello to La, sounds like progress to me - keep the rubber side down !
Rebecca said…
i'm sort of guessing what keep the rubber side down means... but it could mean a bunch of things.
like keep your feet on the ground

Popular posts from this blog

Simmesport - 32.27 miles

St. Augustine - 100.65

Big Cane - 0 miles