Big Cane - 0 miles


Though still congested, I don't feel half as ill as I did a few days ago. Drugs work wonders, but the bite on my thigh is still hot, red, tender, and 5 inches in diameter. And people worry about mosquitos in Alaska. I think I may force myself to rest one more day before I take off. I've been anxious to leave since I got here. But my hosts have been the kindest anyone could ask for. To be honest I'll miss the buckets of live craw fish that rest and surprise me on the kitchen floor and the baby turtles in tupperware on the counter. With any luck they'll find that second one that climbed but before they sniff it out.

Comments

Chelsea said…
Happy Birthday to you! I thought today was the 13th. I was wrong. Sorry bout that. Hopefully I will call you tomorrow.
That turtle looks like Bruce, was the bottom orange?
Not Lucy said…
Happy Birthday! Lori says Happy Birthday also. Love, Mom
Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Becca Boo, Happy Birthday to you!

You're lucky you only have to read this and not hear me sing! YELAK
Chelsea said…
Funny thing, I was right, yesterday was the 13th. I am so confused. Happy Birthday.
Brita said…
Happy Birthday!!!! Hope that you have a great time despite the sickliness!
Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday Rebecca! Hey, remeber last year's? Hehe.

I hope you feel better!! Do you know what bit you?
Rebecca said…
Today, the 14th is my birthday. Last year's midnight run to the P-Bar with you Leeann, Patricia, and T was all too funny... mostly because it was so subdued. I love you guys.
The turtle does remind me of bruce...

Popular posts from this blog

Simmesport - 32.27 miles

St. Augustine - 100.65