Big Cane - 23.3 miles



I woke this morning in South Park to another humidity free day. I wasn't able to get a hold of the warmshowers in town, so I tried to keep warm in the windy chill while packing up. My head cold had worsened from the day before and a stop at Papa's Potatoes was needed to warm me up. "We specialize in Stuffed Potatoes" but I had hashbrowns, scrambled eggs, sausage, and what I would call a real southern biscuit. The motivation of the warmshowers in Simmesport pushed me on. It's exciting to be back on the ACA route. In Big Cane at the grocery, they know my story and I signed their book. Claudia offered me a room that the headwinds and 40 degree temps made hard to turn down. Here in Catholic country all the families are getting together for Easter weekend renting fun jumps for the kids to play on. We went a couple houses down past their crawfish traps balancing carefully on the levies in their big truck to her sister's house for gumbo. Apparently I was quiet because they kept on asking me if I had siblings. They were a bit loud for me. But I contentedly observed the inner workings of a Louisiana family gathering and worked on the newspaper puzzles.
9.0 ave - 16.7 max - 2181.9 odo - 2:34:47 time

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey! Thanks for the postcard from Kinder!! That was cool, I was really excited to get it. I like the drawing. : )

Glad you were able to get your wheel figured out and get going again. It must be crazy to be getting so close to the finish line!

Woohoo!
Unknown said…
Enjoy those humidity free days cause in Alabama, Georgia etc. ya may not get many ...
Anonymous said…
Thanks for callin'! I'll call again soon.

It's almost your birthday!

You're going to be old...And I won't get to tease you about that in person. There will be more time for teasing about oldness in the coming years.

Fin.

Popular posts from this blog

Simmesport - 32.27 miles

St. Augustine - 100.65

Big Cane - 0 miles