Opelousas - 50.28 miles







Stopping in Eunice at the DQ for some ice cream, I ordered from a woman who could only be described as wearing intense eyeliner. I was only just into Louisiana when I broke down. Perhaps there is more eyeliner to come. I left Kinder without much fanfare. I rode past fields of crawfish through the cool spring air, Good Friday is in observance today and there were few out pulling their traps in their shallow paddle wheel boats. Other observations of Louisiana include varying conditions of shoulders but usually with glass, large bullfrogs added to the repertoire of roadkill, and honkers. I don't understand how they don't understand that under no circumstance is honking a nice thing. Please understand that you are loud. I can hear you coming. I am not any more likely to get out of your way if you honk. Where do you expect me to ride? You are the one polluting with your gas guzzling truck or SUV. I think I'm done ranting for the day before I start getting mean.
9.3 ave - 15.7 max - 2147.7 odo - 5:23:26 time

Comments

Rebecca said…
maybe they are ponds...
Anonymous said…
Maybe they were honking in encouragement?

Popular posts from this blog

Simmesport - 32.27 miles

St. Augustine - 100.65

Big Cane - 0 miles