Perkinston - 31.10 miles




After spending two nights on Steven and Tanya's futon eating blackberries and mingling with goats, I pedaled into the pine forests mixed intermittently wihth clear cuts. I'm goign to miss picking on their teenager, Jessica, and her boyfriend, Budd. Just before leaving the fattest county in the fattest state in the fattest country, I came across Brian. His tours include a Perth - Sydney, but after only a short chatt, the New Yorker and I parted ways. I think I'm up to 10 flat tires. That usually means I have bad luck or I need new tires. The glass has been hard on them lately. In Perkinston, I stopped for a pint of Blue Bell and perusal of the local paper. I can't remember his name, but another trouing cyclist with a BOB trailer rolled up. The Australian is running high mileage days and still had miles to go. So after some chocolate milk and canned fruit, he headed off. I headed to the Baptist Church where I was offered a spare room a few miles further on the route. Nyhl and Debbie's kids, Sarah and nathan, were about to go play a t-ball game. Sarah immediatly said I was like a sister and Nathan tried to kiss me. Oh to be five.

10.1 ave - 28.3 max - 2373.7 odo - 3:03:20 time

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simmesport - 32.27 miles

St. Augustine - 100.65

Big Cane - 0 miles