Lordsburg - 58.02 miles



Two months ago I left Sitka and now I'm sitting in Kranberry's watching the cream slowly mix into my coffee. We turned southeast today to Lordsburg to avoid the storm coming into New Mexico. I feel like a snow bird. We're even saying in a a KOA Kabin. What is with their "K" obsession and planting fake flowers? But we're staying out of the wind and its frightening bursts. THe wind was terminally against us until Jon cursed "damn you wind." I scolded him for taunting the wind, but it changed in our favor. From then on we moved at a smashing pace with the wind at our backs. I could go 20 mph by barely pedalingon a slight decline. Jon, with his 26" wheels, had to continuously pedal to keep that speed.
30.8 max - 9.7 avg - 711.8 ODO - 5:58:02 time

Comments

Anonymous said…
"The wind is my friend" Your body will continue to pedal while your mind is resting at a powdery white sandy beach, sipping a cool beer.

Jean Andre Vallery
Jacumba California
www.2453.net
jeanvallery@sbcglobal.net
Al said…
it is quite nice to read about your journey and the winds that turned friendly towards you. Cursing the wind can be a benefit or a complete punishment...take your choice.

Hope you are well friend.

Popular posts from this blog

Simmesport - 32.27 miles

St. Augustine - 100.65

Big Cane - 0 miles