Three Way - 34.79 miles







After a leisurely rise in the Econo-lodge, we set off into the wind. 5 miles later we noticed the cotton field. Intrigued, we stopped for pictures. Apparently I also stopped to collect thorns in my tires. The rear was immediately flat and we paused to change the tube and repair the old one for the future. A couple hours later, after climbing gradually, I noticed my front tire was a bit squidgy. It was down quite a bit. However, through experimentation, I determined it was only losing 5 psi every half hour. This meant I could put off the change until the morning. Consulting the maps, we were surprised that the steepest part of the climb was over. i love that kind of surprise. The descent was wonderful. Few cars, great shoulders, and an ending including a cut out and a bridge... Fantastic! I asked Jon recently if he thought that the climbs were worth the descents. He gave me some sort of non-answer like "some". After fueling up on cookie-dough ice cream, chicken sandwich, and Corona, I'm ready for bed.

4:04:13 time - 8.5 avg - 38.4 max - 653.7 ODO

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simmesport - 32.27 miles

St. Augustine - 100.65

Big Cane - 0 miles