Austin: Day 2 - 0 miles







Sometimes I think I spend too much time on the computer. So much of my life is on the screen. Jennifer thought my link to Wells Fargo was for a sponsor. I just bank there. The bulk of my day was spent cleaning and fixing up my bike. No one worked harder than John. I don't think I can remember my drive train being so clean and shiny. The rain hadn't been good for the gunk buildup or my shoes which spent and hour soaking in detergent-sudsy water. After removing my crappy fenders and ensuring the bike was polished to John-level satisfaction, we brought it to the bike shop he races for. At 360 Cycleworks they discovered a crack in my rear rim. It's all just part of the process. So Madeline is going for a sleepover and I should be able to pick her up on Saturday. In the meantime I'll be chillin in a free-spirit house in Old East Austin. Oscar, the triathlete in the video back on the Lost Maples post and his girlfriend, Jennifer, are putting me up in the front house with the claw foot tub. It's just a few blocks from down town and a few miles from the Hudson's where I'll visit tomorrow evening.

Comments

Not Lucy said…
Good to see a picture of you up close. You look great! Love ya! Mom
Anonymous said…
As i watch what "what I think is rebecca's bike" being hosed down by a stranger, who is a friend, my muscles relaxed. This simple, not so common act, said that a strong beautiful gifted person was being cared for. and that made the world a more beautiful relaxed place.

you set an example for us all to aim high and to not be afraid to go for the goal
Anonymous said…
you look wonderful. I am so proud of you
Anonymous said…
Congratulations on passing the halfway mark!! What a rich experience this seems to have been so far. Thank you for allowing us readers to be right there with you to share in the journey. Good luck transitioning to the humid lands ahead--don't let the tree frogs keep you up at night!
Chelsea said…
I feel as if it is my sisterly duty to chime in with something to keep your head from getting too big, you strong beautiful gifted person you. Something like "you need a haircut" or something. I will let you know when I think of something good.
Lots of love
Anonymous said…
now that i see you were being totally serious about cycling across the country due to this 100% legit blog i must say it is truely an honor to know that we were part of your journey.

and thank you for putting us in the 'people i met along the way' section especially!

Popular posts from this blog

Simmesport - 32.27 miles

St. Augustine - 100.65

Pensacola - 57.29 miles