Beaumont - 60 miles

bottle the cracked white line
and the sliding shadows
drop in the sweet scent of the purple vine
and the water on my nose
cram in the soreness of my palms
and the numbness in my toes
snatch the deepness of the clouds
and the thunder quickly; it goes
bottle it all it won't happen again
but i guess it could who knows

Michael is going to quit smoking next week. After talking to me for half an hour he didn't even light up. His youngest has him wrapped around her finger and she gets on him every day about it. With the promise as he says he will "glory in your spunk," he drove off in his minivan.

Sitting at the Texaco with my feet apart to avoid the pain associated with chaffing, I decided to rest for a moment. My dislexic cashier, Anitra, sold me a pint of raw honey for $1.79 instead of $7.19. When she told me the total of $3.21 I'd questioned if she'd gotten the honey in there. With and impatient careless air, she assured me she had. I'm not one to press. In Nome, TX unleaded is $2.41 9/10. I have no idea if that is good.

Comments

Not Lucy said…
Regular is almost $3 here. My diesel is actually the same price as regular right now. Sweet!
Anonymous said…
I like your poem

burrito day misses you

Popular posts from this blog

Simmesport - 32.27 miles

St. Augustine - 100.65

Big Cane - 0 miles