Del Rio - 33.78 miles




I keep forgetting to write about the man I met who worked at the Marathon Coffee Shop. He is related to Bill Wyant who is in the administration of the South Kitsap School District(the district I grew up in). He is also related to Mike Wyant who was in band. I can't quite peg him but I have my suspicions. The muffins were wonderful at the cafe.

I packed up this morning with the intention of eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich today. After passing over the Amistad Reservoir and stopping at Lakeside Sports to have a clinking checked out, I bought the ingredients. H.E.B. is the name of the non-Walmart option in Del Rio. Apparently they are all over Texas. Next stop: public library Internet access. But let me back track.

We met Joe at breakfast. Joe is an Oregonian riding from Phoenix to Austin. We chatted with him over mini-pies and rolled all the way to Del Rio with him. While I was getting my clink checked out, (nice folks at the bike shop by the way) Joe moved on to the library. By the time Jon and I caught up, he was gone. I pursued internet access while Jon dialed Australia. I came out to eat my cottage cheese. Amongst the small curds, there was Ann. Ann teaches in the school district here and invited me to stay at her apartment. She went about her business inside. Jon was unfortunately distraught about something back home and I told him I'd be staying with Ann. I took the opportunity to split ways. We hugged and promised to swap pictures when we had the chance. I tried to send him off in the direction of Brackettville. Then there was one.

Ann noted that there was a shortage of math teachers here. They need subs. So tomorrow I'll go down to the high school and see if this is true. We walked through the historic part of town to the Episcopal church for the monthly women's dinner. Good ladies. Good lasagna and chocolate cake. Ann took me to do laundry at her Lonnie's apartment. With the load washing, we went to a friends house on the reservoir. She's a quilter. The Russian woman had an impressive studio. It included an excellent selection of quilts and a quilting machine. It was time for her to head to bed and time for the clothes to go in the dryer. I sat "reading" a German yachting magazine while my zippers clinked around the barrel. Now to sleep on the hide-a-bed.

10.2 Ave - 24.8 max - 1334.8 odo - 3:17:42 time

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simmesport - 32.27 miles

St. Augustine - 100.65

Big Cane - 0 miles