Houston - 26.06 miles

All is well that ends well. I am in Houston. This was not on the route. However, when I noticed the pinging of a broken spoke, plans had to be changed. With the help of my mother, I was able to call Tecky from the warmshowers list. He drove the 60 some miles up to Shepherd to get me. Since warm showers isn't about paying back your hosts directly, he deserves excellent warm shower hospitality in the future. His wife fed me tasty Indonesian leftovers with some brown flakes called fruit cake sprinkled on top. I was warned that the chicken was overcooked, but it was delicious. Tomorrow my wheel will get dropped off somewhere where it can get fixed. It's the same wheel I just had the rim replaced on.
7.5 ave - 24.8 max - 1873.5 odo - 3:27:35 time

Comments

Anonymous said…
our hometown. mmmmm
Anonymous said…
Keep up the good work.

Popular posts from this blog

Simmesport - 32.27 miles

St. Augustine - 100.65

Big Cane - 0 miles