Langtry - 61.70 miles


WE stopped in Dryden. It really was the only place to stop on our ride today. We watched the end of the man from snowy river with the man who ran the lone shop. I ate canned peaces and drank hot coffee. It was a welcome escape from the cold wind. It was the second movie of the day following Monster-In-Law that we'd seen on HBO at the hotel. We made it to Langtry after the "town" had closed down. We'd been delayed with another bloody nose. After about a week, I won't have one for several months. We found the community center where the map indicated we could camp. We chatted with the few RVers before setting up camp. I ate my cheese, tortillas, summer sausage, and zucchini, while Jon struggled to put together his old whisperlite. It was pre-shaker jet and the gas started to come in bursts. I decided to go visit some of the nice RVers and get out of the cold. The airstream had a commercial fisherman from the Bering Sea and Idaho. He traveled alone and he took time to form his sentences. IT was refreshing for there to be silence between words. I met Ross out having a smoke. He invited me in and I chatted with him and Nadine. They are Canadian with adventurous children. After treating me to tea and cookies, they offered me their couch. I quickly accepted and here I am. It will probably only be down in the 30's, but I will be warm. Jon was typing in his tent when I went out to tell him. He seemed cozy with the Rio Grande a few hundred yards away.
1270.2 odo - 5:26:05 time - 11.3 ave - 36.7 max

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simmesport - 32.27 miles

St. Augustine - 100.65

Big Cane - 0 miles